What are your fees?
Please get in touch for a no-obligation quote - we're hard to beat on quality and value for money.
Why choose The Dance Project?
There are many other bands to choose from, but we play all the Dance & Club hits from the 70s, 80s, 90s to the present day, to keep you dancing all night - no need to wait for the DJ to hear your favourite dance track.
We can provide our own DJ that works closely with The Dance Project Band, to ensure that there is high quality music, consistently throughout the night.
Our DJ's work with us regularly, guaranteeing your favourite songs and requests are heard to keep you dancing all night long.
Our DJ's even join the show adding special effects and some live mixing.
Can I view the band before booking?
Yes - you are welcome to come along to listen to the band. We will try our best, to get you to one of our events; however, many of our functions are private, therefore, this is not always possible.
We do have video footage on our website.
Do you accept First Dance Requests?
The Dance Project would love to learn new songs and will gladly learn the first song or a special request for you if it is not already in our repertoire.
Please ensure that you let us know in advance.
We can also plug in your media device (iPod, phone, laptop) into our system so we can play it for you.
Do you charge extra for PA & Lighting or anything else?
PA and lighting suitable for an audience of 150 is included in the basic price of the band. Should you require more than this we can provide additional high-quality lighting & PA equipment. This way, you only pay for what you need, and be well suited for your venue and event.
Contact us for more information.
Travel fee is based on 50 miles of RG6 postcode. Then we charge per mile after.
How long do you play for?
The standard sets are 2x 60 minutes (2 x 45 minute sets in pubs) or 3x 40 minute sets. However, no two events are the same, therefore, we adjust times to suit you, and help keep your party flowing..
We ask for a minimum of a 15-20min break between the sets.
Do you provide background/dancing music?
We will provide suitable background music for when the band is not performing. Should you have specific requests or wish for the party to continue between the band sets then we can provide you with one of our DJs.
Key points we require.
- To provide at least two constant 13amp sockets.
- If there is a sound limiter, we have to have one 13amp socket that is not connected to limiter for sensitive equipment. We will ensure we comply with noise regulations but can not control the volume of the crowd and so should the cheers from the audience trip the sound limiter we do not want to risk damaging our equipment.
Also, if there is a sound limiter, we need to know in advance.
We will provide equipment that reduces on-stage monitoring and band levels which will greatly help control the overall levels, but if we do not know in advance, there is little we can do once we are there.
Clients - always ask this question in advance of booking your venue as sound limiters can ruin your party if not planned for.
- Ideally a space for a 7 piece band - 6m wide X 4m deep and level access to the performance area for loading. Please let us know if the load in/out is tricky and we will bring a suitable crew.
- Food & Soft Drinks per member
- Up to 6 parking spaces
- We take 60-90 minutes to load in & complete a sound check
- A room for the band to get changed in, eat dinner and store cases / valuables
(if this is not possible, let us know as there are alternative solutions)
- Any TFL costs including Emission and Congestion zones to be reimbursed by the client
Any other questions you want to ask us?
Please get in touch with us and we aim to reply within 24 hours.